For the third year in a row, Omnicom Media Group (OMG) tops the list of media agency holding company winners at the annual Cannes Festival of Creativity, as its flagship agencies OMD and PHD took home more Media Lions than any other holding company group – a combined total of 16 Media Lions.
In terms of holding company performance in the category, Omnicom Media Group outperformed its closest competitor by a factor of almost 20 percent overall, and by 400 percent in Gold Lions.
OMD’s seven Media Lions included a broad spectrum of client categories and geographies including:
- Two Silver Lions won by both OMD Guatemala for its “18th Zone Embassy” campaign for Frito-Lay
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD Australia for its “I See Fries” campaign for McDonald’s Australia
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD Colombia for its “Radiometries” campaign for Exito Group
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD New Zealand for its “Animal Strike” campaign for Paws Justice
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD Spain for its “Pass the Ball” campaign for Vodafone
- A Bronze Lion awarded to OMD US for its “The Book That Made Me” campaign for Waterstones
OMD and DDB Sydney’s ‘Australia Day’ campaign for McDonald’s was awarded the Creative Effectiveness Lion, and they also took home a Silver Outdoor Lion for their work on the ‘Big Mac Legends’ campaign.
“Once again, Omnicom Media Group’s front-runner showing at Cannes demonstrates that relentless focus on excellence, innovation and talent always achieves results,” says Daryl Simm, CEO of Omnicom Media Group Worldwide, “not only in terms of industry recognition, but most importantly, in driving business growth for our clients.”